Vegan Pesto Quinoa Pizza
Pesto Quinoa Pizza!
This recipe makes crust and toppings for 2 pizzas creates 10-16 Servings. I create extra for the next night! You can half all ingredients if you want 1-1.5 pizzas instead of 2-3. If you can, please use all organic, non-GMO ingredients 🙂
The Cultured Quinoa Crust:
If you have challenges with quinoa you can make this crust out of soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, black wild rice, or whatever works for you! In this recipe we culture the crust which makes it more digestible!
- 3C of Dry Quinoa
- 1lb Sunflower Seeds or Almonds (Soak overnight or 5-7 hours before making)
- 1/2C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3-6 Garlic Cloves (Depending on your garlic preference)
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Palm Butter
- 1T Celtic Sea Salt
- Raw Sour Kraut (optional, but gives the recipe a yummy, slightly sourdough flavor)
Cook 3C of dry quinoa (1 C dry to 2 C water, Makes about 9 Cups cooked) and let cool. Combine all ingredients above in food processor. You may need need to do two rounds of grinding in the food processor, this recipe makes a lot! So, now you have sticky slightly creamy, slightly sour dough. Butter up pizza tray or baking sheet with palm butter or coconut oil. Spread a 1/2″ thick layer onto sheet, or if you like thicker or thinner crust, go for it! Before placing in the oven, sprinkle dried oregano, thyme and basil on top (like in picture to the right). Place in oven at 365 degrees for 25-30 minutes… Quinoa crust takes longer than normal crusts, it may be golden brown on top but make sure it is cooked all the way through, and not still gooey.
- 2T Dried Basil
- 2T Dried Thyme
- 2T Dried Oregano
The Raw Vegan Pesto:
While crust is in the oven~ Combine in blender… Blend all ingredients. Once blended, add olive oil at the very end for extra frothiness and disturb the integrity of its makeup. This makes about 1/2 gallon of pesto sauce that you can use to make more pizzas or use it for kelp noodle pasta and vegetable dip! If you like it less creamy and more green, double the greens and half the seeds!
- 1lb Raw Pumpkin Seeds, Pine Nuts, Cashews or Walnuts (soak the night before or 5-7 hours before making)
- 2 Big Bins of Fresh Basil (or add fresh arugula, kale, cilantro, oregano, spinach, gotu kola)
- 2 Lemon (Juice and 1/2 of the rind if the lemon is organic)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (or more, 1 use a bulb, but I’m crazy!)
- 2T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1T Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2T Celtic Sea Salt
- Water (To get the blender going, start with 1/4-1/2C)
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
Process and Toppings:
Depending on your crust thickness, about 8-10 minutes before it looks done, take it out of the oven slap on a nice layer of the pesto sauce. Place in the over for 3-5 minutes to let the sauce warm and merge with the crust. Take it out one more time to put on toppings! Put in the oven for another 3-5 minutes to soften and warm vegetables. My goal is to keep the sauce and veggies as raw as possible while still making them warm and digestible.
- Fresh Basil
- Red Bell Pepper
- Olives! (My Favorite)
- Onion Slices
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Cherry Tomatoes